Sunday, January 18, 2009

Obstacles


Well did not know what to expect for the second set of three workouts for the main site. The first day with
WOD
10GH sit ups/Hip Extensions
30 95# thrusters
50 Pull ups
30
20
35
50
20
20
This one was ridiculous, my back was torn up after this one and could not get to the third round in 20 min. This one was the first obstacle of the 3.
The second WOD was 10K run. Now i am no runner so this one was tough. I decided to try to keep up a 7min mile and at the 3rd mile i started to slow down and so I decided to walk just for a few seconds and run one more mile and try to pick up the pace. This was tough and my calves are still sore today. It was around 35min give or take.
The third WOD was full cleans 1RM. I was very intimidated by this one. I have (HAD) a fear of the weight falling on me. Now I do not and this is a BIG BIG break through for me. I have never really done max loads with Cleans so every rep I put up was another PR for me. I worked out with Tovar today and I really enjoyed it and we helped each other out tremendously. I probably could not have done the weight I did if it was not for him. Through this work out my confidence doubled, then tripled, and then just kept going as long as I was moving on up. I was able to get up to 223# and this is a huge surprise to me because I did not know I could do that. Like everything else in these workouts I need to have more confidence in doing them, I over analyze my abilities and I just need to let myself do it and analyze it after. Well I really enjoyed today being with all the teammates and hope I get to do that more often. Well I will enjoy the rest day and look forward to the next set of "Obstacles"!

No comments: