Thursday, July 23, 2009

Best Times of My Life


Well I didn't know it could get any better than Denver. I sure was wrong. The CrossFit Games was the best experience and one I will never forget. i mean I hope it is not but if that was my last time there I gave it my all and enjoyed the 3rd CrossFit Games. My goal is to keep getting back there with the affiliate team and hopefully someday I can make it as an Individual. My vision of how good you have to be and be so well rounded has def changed. I know now you cannot just hope your strengths will come up in the workouts you have to be so well rounded in each aspect of fitness. I love CrossFit and this was the best decision I have made in my life to join in on this community.

I have never engulfed myself in anything like this, and it has made me a better man in all aspects of life. I have started to train for next year and I like what I have been seeing. My confidence in my lifts is where I want them to be but my strength needs to improve to back up my confidence. There are certain aspects of my fitness i also need to work on and I will choose workouts periodically that hit those challenges.

I also love the direction that the gym is taking as well. The members seem to be bonding on a whole other level and involving the new members faster and making people comfortable. I love that. I hope that continues and I know it will. I am now keeping a detailed journal of my eating and workouts so hopefully it will help me progress in better eating habits and knowing what each workout was like for future reference. Well im getting sleepy so im out.

2 comments:

paul said...

you're a BAMF, Jon! thanks for the advice on cleans today--i can't wait to put it into practice with some heavier weights.

Kelli said...

I second that BAMF :)