Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Humble!


Well its been about a week and things are going well.  I have a new outlook on my workouts and I am walking away from each one feeling pretty good. 
I am not going to be worried where I stand with the other people in the gym, but only worry about how I feel about my workout and keep the intensity high.  I love to see how everyone else is doing on the workouts, because it gives me motivation.  I should not and will not ever compare my times to other peoples.  I should only judge myself in how hard I work and encourage people to keep working hard as well.  I have swayed away from having fun with the workouts a little and more focused on being the best.  I need to find a balance of the both, so that I keep having a blast while pushing myself to new limits.  
Today workout was a great example of what I am talking about.  I said to myself I am not going to let my self DNF this workout (which is fine with me) but I get too focused on that and not focused enough on the peer enjoyment of pushing the limits of my body.  I remember when I first started and I couldn't believe the stuff I was doing, after a while and I was making big strides.  Now I don't noticed t
he strides I am making I am only noticing the things I am lacking.   I need to get back to that, and I will.  
Always time to reflect and with things changing in my life I have found things about me that I never knew about.  I am glad crossfit has entered my life and I feel it will make me a better person all around.
Here is to enjoying each moment of everyday and being "HUMBLE" with each workout in the future.  

1 comment:

A said...

Couldn't agree more. The need to be the "best" is constantly nagging at me. Takes some of the fun out of life, I suppose. We each have our crosses to bear... You're a rockstar! It's an honor to be on your team!
A :-)