Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Form

Todays workout was brutal for me and this is because my form was not so good.  I did not focus on form while cleaning the bar and used a lot of my lower back, which if you don't know that is a bad idea.  My back was doing the work and my runs were suffering.  I have noticed when I stress form in my workouts I do better and feel better, and when I get "lazy" and try to kill a workout my form goes bad.   This is a huge deal for me because I just don't want to be able to teach the movements I want to be able to do them as well (consistently).  I need to remember one que for workouts with bringing weight from off the floor "do not lead with your hips".  I tend to bring my hips up first and not come up in unison.  This is something I am dramatically getting better on with deadlifts but now I need it to transfer to snatches and cleans.  More concentration!  I got the workout done in 11:15 Rx'd, and it was really tough not to look at other peoples times for today, but I feel this will keep me on track.  Well this weekend should be a blast.  I hope to see everyone on saturday and it should be fun.  O ya cant wait to do Cindy on A-Rod!  (not funny)  

No comments: