Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pushing the Mind and Body

I have come to the end of my road with my mental blocks. I am now getting to the point where I am much smarter about my workouts and feeling much better about them. I used to have my mind tell me when to rest or tell me "why the hell are you doing this to me". I am now allowing my body to tell me when to stop. This is a huge transition for me because I am a very mental person and when I can finally take control of my mind anything is possible. I am so humble about each workout and walk away knowing I gave it my all. I have learned so much about my MIND and BODY in terms of workouts and even other aspects of my life. I am more confident in things that I do now and realize that if I can demand so much out of my workouts and career, why can't I ask the same demand in all other aspects of my life.

I know I will be doing this my whole life and I know i will be still snatching when i am 97 years old. Yes 97 i plan on being here awhile. I know I have said this before and I will probably say it again. I never thought I would find what I was meant to do in my life growing up, I was pretty lost until about a year ago. When I was introduced to Crossfit, the door to opportunity opened. I found friends and mentors that I never thought possible, and have learned more than i ever thought from both. I always told myself when you find something that you would do for free, that would be the career for me.

Well another rant about how much I enjoy my life and the people who surround me. But i could never say this enough, THANKS!

No comments: