Sunday, March 1, 2009

"why not"

Today was very interesting for me because I love to Snatch and it just didn't feel right for some reason.  My mind was not there today and it made my body not there as well.  I need to work more on the catch, and I feel on rest days I need to start taking more advantage of the time I have to work on things like that.  I PR'd today with snatch a 17# increase from the last time I did snatch, so I am more than pleased with that.  
Zach J said it best when he said you just need to find your Zen state and focus on that.  Well I did for my last rep and got it, I am never really a "pumped up" kinda guy.  I feel once I do that I lose my concentration and need to refocus.  I think that is why I take my time with strength workouts because I like to have deep focus on what I am doing.  I feel like I should relate that to my Metcon workouts because sometimes I get too hyped and forget form/reps/rounds/a lot of things.  I just need to step back take a deep breathe and empty my head.  That is definitely something I do in my daily life so now I just need to bring it to the gym.
Buddha has a pretty simple but powerful quote " He is able who thinks he is able".  This in my eyes is 100% of what Crossfit is.  You got to first tell yourself you will do it, because then and only then will you.  I strongly believe that your mentality about each thing you do in life, is reflected in how well you do those things.  I have set goals I want to accomplish and there are somedays I look at them and say "this is way to far out of my league", and there are somedays I say "why not".  Hopefully as time goes by my "why not" becomes "what's next".
This weekend was a blast and I can't wait to see the video, and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.  Ok one more quote and again relates to good ol xfit, "To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we will shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear

No comments: